14 Jan PCB Cleaning with Ultrasonics
Building a PCB or an electronic board includes several steps, and PCB manufacturing companies need to follow all of them systematically. One such important step in the manufacturing process is PCB cleaning, which involves the removal of unwanted particles from the electronic board. Furthermore, even electronic equipment manufacturers and users need PCB cleaning for maintenance purposes.
Although there are several methods for PCB cleaning, the best for precision cleaning is ultrasonic PCB cleaning. There are several reasons for choosing this method of cleaning.
Here is a guide to ultrasonic PCB cleaning that will help you understand the entire process better.
What is Ultrasonic PCB Cleaning?
Ultrasonic PCB cleaning is the process of washing electronic PCBs and other spare parts of the circuit using an ultrasonic PCB cleaner or a bath sonicator. It is the fastest and the most efficient way to get a clean PCB or electronic board.
Ultrasonic PCB cleaning assures the reliability of the finished electronic product allowing it to work smoothly and efficiently.
Why should you choose the Ultrasonic PCB Cleaning method?
There are several reasons why you should use a bath sonicator for PCB cleaning, a few of which are listed below:
- It is the most efficient way of cleaning your PCBs as it ensures cleaning of every corner and hard-to-reach areas with ease.
- It removes dirt and contaminants without harsh scrubbing or abrasion, ensuring the safety of delicate parts.
- It increases the efficiency of the electronic parts by reducing the number of rejected elements, hence reducing the cost.
- It requires hardly a few minutes to clean the components, thus saving a lot of time.
- Compared to other cleaning methods, a bath sonicator consumes low power and energy.
- The method is environmentally friendly and sustainable.
How is the Ultrasonic PCB Cleaning method carried out?
You can achieve precision cleaning for your PCB or electronic board in seven easy steps mentioned below:
- The first step is to calculate the dilution ratio of your ultrasonic cleaning solution. The amount of water you add varies for different cleaners. You can find it on the bottle.
- Add this solution to the ultrasonic cleaner to start the PCB cleaning.
- Maintain the temperature in the range mentioned on the instruction manual you receive with the cleaner.
- Degassing can occur on its own if you leave the solution alone for hours, but most cleaners have a degassing option that takes 10-15 minutes.
- With the help of tongs, place the PCB or electronic board in the Ultrasonic PCB cleaner.
- Set a timer as per the instruction given on the cleaner solution bottle. Generally, the time ranges from 3-5 minutes.
- After the cleaning process is complete, remove the PCB or electronic board, rinse it, and allow it to dry.
Ultrasonic PCB cleaning is the easiest way to clean your electronic board in just a few minutes. Ralsonics manufactures these ultrasonic PCB cleaners and other equipment to ensure that you have the best cleaning system for your purpose.