02 Nov Case Study – Precision Cleaning of Components before Vacuum Brazing
R&D focused organization manufacturing components made of advanced materials having applications in lasers and particle physics.
- The customer is manufacturing very high value components (50 lakh to 2 crore rupees each)
- The components have to undergo vacuum brazing.
- Pre-cleaning of components is required
- If components are not ultra clean before vacuum brazing, process failure is a high possibility
- In case of process failure, the component cannot be salvaged. This is a high-risk situation demanding absolutely reliable and repeatable ultrasonic cleaning
- Scientists at the firm decided to hire Ralsonics to build a multistage ultrasonic cleaning machines to perform the cleaning process
- Ralsonics was chosen for this application considering our long-standing experience in developing specialized ultrasonic cleaning lines using an amalgamation of cleaning technologies.
- Ralsonics designed a multistage ultrasonic cleaning system which provided both aqueous ultrasonic cleaning as well as flammable solvent based ultrasonic cleaning
- Working hand in hand with customer scientists, Ralsonics developed a four-stage ultrasonic cleaning system.
- The first stage included aqueous spray cleaning, cleaning with Ralsonics’ ultrasonic tube resonators and air agitation.
- A pump filtration unit was provided to remove particle contamination
- A separate storage tank with baffles and oil skimming facility was also provided for removal of soluble contamination like oil and grease
- The second stage included a rotating basket with high pressure water rinsing facility to remove the cleaning chemical from the components
- Ralsonics’ advanced multi-fluid spraying feature was provided for powerful spray rinsing
- The third stage incorporated ultrasonic cleaning with tube resonators in IPA (flammable solvent). The equipment was designed to handle flammable solvents. Multiple advanced sensors were provided to ensure operator safety.
- The fourth stage included hot air drying with HEPA filtered air. This ensured complete removal of all vapor traces
- Customer specified cleaning standards were obtained with this ultrasonic cleaning line
- Scientists at the customer site were very satisfied by the equipment
- The versatility of the equipment ensured that it was used for cleaning of a wide variety of products in the facility
“You are using very high-end pumps! Most suppliers don’t provide this level of quality purchase parts”
Other applications of this solution
- Pre-coating cleaning application
- Optical cleaning applications
- Cleaning of any components with soluble (oil, grease) and insoluble (particles, dust) contamination
Contact us to learn more about how we can solve your part cleaning problems.